Navigation

Friday, August 9, 2013

Juice: Apple Mint Watermelon

This was a quickie to make!

My instagram: @veganlifeisgood


I recently wrote a post about how important it is to hydrate in the morning (here) and another about why watermelon makes a perfect breakfast (& not lunch or dessert) here. Well, here are those two ideas combined into one delicious meal!
Apple Mint Watermelon Hydrator:
  • Half a watermelon
  • 1-2 apples
  • Fresh mint (the bigger leaves the better not to get stuck in your straw!)

When I took the picture above I had blended the first two ingredients together like a smoothie. After this picture I started drinking it and decided I didn't like the pulpy texture. An option would be just to juice them (with the mint), but I just poured what I had blended through a large strainer and suddenly had a beautiful pulp-free juice! I stuck a bunch of mint in the glass, shook it up, and sipped it through a straw to avoid getting mint leaves in my mouth.
Mmmm. Absolutely delicious. And sooooooooo healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Post your comments here!