Navigation

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Corn Salsa Lettuce Wraps

Yesterday I posted my super healthy and yummy mango salsa recipe. I must be on a salsa kick, because to day I bring you one better:

My instagram: @veganlifeisgood


Vegan Corn Salsa Wraps w/ Romaine "Chips"

  • Romaine leaves, washed and separated, plus I chop a few up into "chip size" pieces for dipping
  • Fresh raw corn sliced from 1 ear
  • 1 chopped tomato
  • 1 avocado, cubed or mashed*
  • 1 minced garlic clove
  • chopped fresh cilantro
  • Fresh lime juice, to taste
  • Salt to taste (optional)
  • Cayenne to taste (optional)

Combine everything in a bowl. *I cubed the avocado for looks, but it honestly holds a wrap better if you mash it! Spoon onto lettuce leaves or use the small, crispier romaine pieces to dip like chips.

Note: If you are not concerned about eating raw food, adding some hot sauce to this might float your boat. This is another crowd-pleaser and a great vegan "show-off" dish, so go for it if you've got a BBQ or party on the horizon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Post your comments here!