Navigation

Friday, August 2, 2013

Fruit Week: Friday "Holy Gr-ale" Juice

I feel like this round of posts could have been called Kale Week as much as Fruit Week. Behold, the Holy Grrrrrale:

My instagram: @veganlifeisgood


It gets its name from the only 2 ingredients: grapes and kale! I can't take credit for coming up with the sweet name, this one is a favorite recipe from Fully Raw Kristina (see her youtube video recipe below). I had doubts initially that one fruit ingredient would be enough to balance that earthy green taste of kale, but I'm serious when I say this is one of my favorite juices ever! It gets bonus points just for being so simple.

Holy Grale Juice:
  • 1/2 - 1 bunch grapes (Any kind, but c'mon! The beautiful dark purplish-blue ones are in the markets right now, so get those while you can!)
  • 1/2 - 1 bunch of kale
  • plus, 5 reserved grapes for the end
Juice the grapes first and just enjoy a little taste of that. You will never want to settle for store-bought grape juice again! No contest! Strip your kale (see my tip on how to do this here) and juice it. I juice the last 5 or so grapes after the kale to help the green juice get out. My juicer is getting a bit worn out, so I'll even run a little filtered water through at the end to get more juice.

Last of all, strain the juice into your cup, because unless you have an awesome juicer there will probably still be a fair amount of grape skins and pulp in there. I like a nice, smooth juice. For all you audiovisual learners, here is the original recipe from Fully Raw Kristina:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Post your comments here!