Navigation

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Vegan Peanut Butter Cups

Move over, Reese's. I'm pretty sure Heaven is real, and it's located inside my mouth at the place where the taste of peanut butter and chocolate collide.

My instagram: @veganlifeisgood


I've seen a few vegan PB Cup recipes make the rounds, and will probably try some others, but my non-vegan housemates and I were over the moon with these. The recipe calls for only 4 ingredients: raw organic peanut butter, coconut oil (available EVERYwhere these days), agave, and cacao powder. In a flash of inspiration I also added a little pink Himalayan sea salt on top.

Here is the link to the recipe: http://chilali13.wordpress.com/2013/07/31/clean-peanut-butter-cups/

Some notes:
   *Use a whisk to mix the bowls.
   *The pb will mix right in with the oil, so no need to soften it.
   *I used mini cupcake liners to make these a calorie-conscious size. The recipe yields 9-10 minis.
   *I also used a mini muffin tin to hold them but if you do not own such an extravagance, freeze them in an ice-cube tray.
   *I froze the pb layer a little before adding the cacao layer.
   *These are the best things in the history of ever. Seriously better than the processed candy crud from the store.

Enjoy!  X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Post your comments here!