It is easy and elegant and I think it will forevermore replace hummus as my go-to appetizer, to please vegans and non-vegans alike.
|See more photos and recipes on my Instagram: @veganlifeisgood|
Vegan Mediterranean BruschettaAdapted from Martha Stewart
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- Organic Extra-virgin olive oil, 1/2 cup or to taste, plus 1 tbsp
- dash of salt
- Pitted Kalamata olives, sliced in half
- Drained and rinsed capers (a whole 2 or 3 oz jar will do)
- Thinly sliced fresh garlic, 1-2 cloves
- Red-wine vinegar to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- sliced sourdough baguette
Meanwhile, combine the olives, capers, and garlic in a bowl. You will want to add the roasted peppers next, and then play with the amount of oil, vinegar, and fresh pepper. I kept adding more oil until I could see a spoonful of the bruschetta really moisten the bread. If time allows, allow the mixture to marinate for a bit in the fridge. Serve spooned onto the bread, toasted or un-toasted. Both ways are delicious!
*Note: Careful with the garlic. It gets more intense as the flavors marinate.