Navigation

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Fruit Week: Strawberry Juice

The other day the contents of my fridge consisted of odd bits of produce I wanted to finish off and a case of beautiful strawberries. So in a moment of inspiration I decided to juice everything I had and mix the flavors with strawberry juice in a Super Strawberry Taste Challenge:

Instagram: @veganlifeisgood


I was the only competitor, hoping I would come up with something new or inspiring. I am not the sort of person who is intuitive about combining flavors at all, so this was some very cheap excitement for me. Here are the results of my fun:
  • Strawberry-Lime: The clear winner! I know the inventors of margaritas beat me to this long ago, but still. Juice these two and put 'em in a glass with some sparkling water and ice and forget that you ever wanted an alcoholic one. If you love blended drinks, try blending frozen strawberries with lime and a little agave. Grade: A+
  • Strawberry-Mint: I'm disappointed to say this was not a match made in heaven. My ratio may have been off, but I found it no match for watermelon-mint, a favorite of mine. Grade: D
  • Strawberry-Basil-Sweet Potato: Yes, sweet potato is awesome in juices. Very filling and starchy and combines well with both fruits and veggies, I now know. This was a very thanksgiving-y flavor, which kind of jives with my summery strawberry mindset, but still: B
  • Strawberry-Cucumber-Spinach: This one was very "green" tasting, which isn't for everyone. But nutritionally this is a fabulous juice. Like a health spa in your mouth. Grade: A for health, C for taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Post your comments here!